Why It’s Time for a Feline in the White House
I am more than delighted to have this blog read by folks from all over the globe as well as Americans. Even if you reside on the other end of the planet from little old me in North Carolina, I feel certain you are familiar with the Big News going on in the US.
Almost exclusively, that damned presidential election.
You absolutely can NOT turn on the TV without being assaulted by ads, press conferences or debates in which the presidential candidates are denigrating one another’s character and pronouncing the other incompetent to lead our country.
The unsettling thing about all of this is that I haven’t talked to a soul who is enthusiastically backing either candidate.
Hillary vs. Donald
I simply hear that one candidate is “crooked” and potentially jail bound while the other is a loose cannon – inexperienced with a dangerously unpredictable temperament. These individuals detest each other and the aggression is palpable. We are a week out from Election Day here in the States.
Woo freakin’ hoo.
Who is tired of all the hoopla and character bashing? Who really doesn’t want EITHER candidate to end up in the White House? May I suggest a write-in candidate?
Why you should vote for Andy Cat Peterson for President:
- Andy is comparatively young and healthy. He’s almost 52 human years old – not in his 60s or 70s. He can sail over a gate that is about 4 feet high with grace and ease. Betcha Hillary and Donald can’t do that.
- Andy has remarkable self-control. He carefully manages his food intake and has been the same weight within 0.1 ounce for his entire adult life.
- Andy is a superb communicator. Andy has no problem speaking up when something needs to be done – assertively, not aggressively. (For instance, loudly announcing right in your face that he is ready for snuggles when the sun first peeks over the horizon.)
- Andy has a soothing disposition, and even healing powers. He camped out on the leg that my “bad foot” was attached to after I had foot surgery. When I was pregnant with my twins and on bedrest, Andy draped his silky, cuddly body over my protruding belly. And I felt better when he was with me.
- Andy loves children. Does anyone really believe that prickly Hillary and Donald do? I don’t.
- Andy has style. No frumpy suits for Andy. He prefers to dress in his finest fur trimmed housecoat, just in case company comes calling.
- Andy is persuasive. He can convince anyone that he is permitted to play in the garage simply by gazing at them mournfully and crying out.
- Andy has no enemies. If a cat can put up with a dog, who would he not get along with? To this point, who could be a better candidate to ease tensions with other countries?
- Andy is brilliant. Well, at least comparatively speaking. Our bulldog Bob tinkles in his own bed and does things like this:
….while Andy was engrossed in crafting a symbol of his deep devotion to his mother:
So friends, I challenge you to save this country from going down the commode!
Who do you trust more?
The choice is clear – ANDY FOR PRESIDENT!!!!